Friday, September 6, 2013

Easy Vegan Treats: Biscoff & Pretzels

Better Together - Biscoff spread and pretzels!
Vegan communities are important for the friendship and support they offer, but they also have another amazing benefit - delicious food recommendations! Today's easy vegan treat idea comes from Jamie - a wonderful vegan chef, mustache enthusiast, and talented graphic designer.

You can find the Biscoff spread near the Nutella at big grocery stores like Target. I recommend getting the crunchy Biscoff (yellow lid) instead of the creamy kind (red lid). The spread goes well with any pretzel, but I really like using the flat pretzel crisps - the salty to sweet ratio is easier to balance.

What are your favorite easy vegan treats?




3 comments:

  1. I'll take some of that! Haha. Along the same lines, I really like Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut butter spread on top of pretty much anything... it tastes sort of like Nutella, but way way way better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my quick easy treats when I needed something both salty and sweet was a piece of toast with peanut butter and dark chocolate chips on top. The choc chips kind of melt with the heat of the toast...mmmm...so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love Biscoff/Speculoos spread. I tend to eat it off the spoon, but pretzels are a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete